Ghater Kotha is a humble effort to explore a few folk songs of Bengal through a contemporary as well as traditional mix of instruments as well as folk forms from around the world. It also brings out the influences of different cultures on the present day soundscape of our daily lives in Calcutta and attempts to depict the surreal lunacy of the great river Ganges flowing through it, telling stories of the city’s people.
- Duarey Aishase
- Amay Dubaili Re
- Loke Bole
- Hori Dukho Dao Je Jonare
- City of Lunatics (recitation) – Porer Zagah Porer Zomeen
- Satyaki Banerjee – Dotara, Oud and Rabab
- Diptanshu Roy – Mandolin
- Anna Tanvir – Harp (Krishnokoli)
- Ritoban Das – Dubki
- Samrat Mukherjee – Accordion (Keyboard)
- Rajkumar Sengupta – Programming and Guitars
- Neel Dutt – Nylon string guitar (City of Lunatics)
- Recorded by Ronny Sinha at DB Junction, Kolkata
- Mixed and mastered by Nitin Joshi (Pune)
- Album artwork : Shamik Chatterjee
Ghater Kotha Videos Jukebox
Request For a Gig
Arko's official name is Arka Mukherjee.
However as an artist he chooses to use the name Arko Mukhaerjee.