Arko has been playing in numerous bands and projects in India from a very early age of 12 and has played hundreds of concerts and gigs with folk, blues, rock, fusion, and even local metal outfits in India. He has more than 6 albums and Eps released in India with many of these bands and projects.
In his tours of Europe in between 2012 and 2015 Arko, has played in a number of international music festivals pertaining to the genre of music that the respective collaboration of his belonged to. Arko has also toured in the remote countryside towns of France and Czech republic and has played in numerous bistrots and pubs in England and France.
Here are a list of some of the international concerts and festivals played by Arko in the last few years outside of India.
- Festival “Un ete a Bourges” 2012, France with Anna Tanvir (Ireland) and Yann Beaujouan(France)
- Chedigny Blues Festival 2012
- Un ete a Bourges 2013, France with project Crossover
- Festival Sin Fronteras, Cabaret Sauvage, Paris, 2013 with project Ashram
- Barista concert at Chedigny Salles des Fetes , France 2013, with project Crossover
- United islands festival, Prague, Czech Republic, 2014 with project Ashram
- Stara Pekarna, Brno, Czech Republic, 2014 with project Ashram
- Bourges blues festival, 2014, France, feat Alexandre Voisin n Yann Beaujouan (France) and Lassy King
- Massassy (mali)
- Un ete a Bourges 2014, France with project Barista
- Batyskaf, Zdar, Czech Republic, 2014 with project Ashram
- 9 Solo concerts at George Tavern London, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Dhaka Sufi Festival, 2015 with The Arko Mukhaerjee Collective
- Dhaka international folk festival, 2015 with The Arko Mukhaerjee Collective
Rajamati | Arko Mukhaerjee | Newari Song | For the love of Kathmandu | Nepal | Reggae
This is a tribute to Prem Dhoj Pradhan Sir and his beautiful songs that have inspired us for decades.
Rājamati is a traditional Newari ballad from Kathmandu, about an unsuccessful love quest, and is the most well known song in Newar society of Nepal. Written by an unnamed composer, the song dates from the early 19th century and is based on a true story.
It was first recorded on gramophone disc by maestro Seturam Shrestha in Kolkata in 1908. The song was revived again by Mr. Prem Dhoj Pradhan. A movie of the same name and based on the story of the song was released in 1995.
Voice design, ukulele and acapella – Arko Mukhaerjee
Acoustic slide guitar and bass – Koustav Dey
Recorded, mixed and mastered at Blue Monk Inc. Kolkata by Tirthankar Ray.
Shot and Edited by Negacy Angom and Megha Theeng (Darjeeling).
To contact her for shoots and edits here is her page : https://instagram.com/_negsthetic_?igshid=d6oiwkphl5x6
Special thanks to Hari Dai and Pawan Dai along with all my friends from Beer n’ Nuts Kathmandu for introducing me to this song. My love and gratitude to Vikas Pradhan and the entire team of Revolver, Darjeeling, Benoy Moktan and Anil Tamang from Maneybhanjyang and all the children from Mission compound, Darjeeling.
Live at Orange Festival – Arunachal Pradesh, India
1. Resham Firiri (Nepali Folk Song) | Fiddler’s Green | Live at Orange Festival 2018
2. Maro Gaam (Gujrati Song – Manthan) | Fiddler’s Green | Live at Orange Festival 2018
3. Halke Gaadi (Kabir – Spiritual) | Fiddler’s Green | Live at Orange Festival 2018
4. Duma Dum Mast Kalander ( Remix Cover) | Fiddler’s Green | Live at Orange Festival 2019
San Francisco Adobe Books Session
1. Maya Lagaisey, One Love, Koni, Ripple | Fiddler’s Green | Live at San Francisco
2. Cherie | Fiddler’s Green | Live at San Francisco
3. Fatou Yo | Fiddler’s Green | Live at San Francisco
4. Chol Mini Assam Jabo | Fiddler’s Green | Live at San Francisco
5. Yaya Maya Ya, Dil Deke Dekho, Daaru ki botal | Fiddler’s Green | Live at San Francisco
ASHRAM | Live | Kolkata | Mohe Lagi | Arko Mukhaerjee | Kanishka Sarkar
1. ASHRAM | Live | Kolkata | Mohe Lagi | Arko Mukhaerjee | Kanishka Sarkar | Fusion Music
ASHRAM | Live | Jare Tomar Prane | Arko Mukhaerjee | Kanishka Sarkar
1. ASHRAM | Live | Jare Tomar Prane | Arko Mukhaerjee | Kanishka Sarkar | Fusion Music
Arko Mukhaerjee Collective
1. Mast Qalandar Medley Live at Rachna Books, Gangtok, Sikkim, India
2. Arko Mukhaerjee Collective Elo Abar & Allah Megh De at Dhaka International Folk Fest 2015
Arko With Shantanu Moitra
1. Arko With Shantanu Moitra || Jam Session || Live & Unplugged || PBWA, Mumbai
Live In LAKES 2016
1. Malbhum Tribal Song by Arko Mukhaerjee
2. Zara Halke Gaadi Haakon by Arko Mukhaerjee
Live at Dhaka International Folk Fest 2015
1. Tumi Jano Na Re Priyo
Ashram (Berlin Based Ethno-Electronic Project)
1. Festival Sin Fronteras, Cabaret Sauvage, Paris 2013
2. Festival Sin Fronteras, Cabaret Sauvage, Paris 2013 feat Lassy King Massassy, Mali
1. Johnny Be Goode – Bourges music festival, 2014
2. Doyal Baba – a spiritual indian folk song at Chedigny, France, 2013
3. Vesoul – A french folk song at Chedigny, France, 2013
4. Live in a french bistrot , 2013 Doyal Baba
5. A manbhumi song at bourges blues festival 2014 with Yann Alex and Lassy King Massassy(Mali)
6. Khajababa live at a bistrot France, 2013
7. Fatou yo, a senegalese song with Tumi ar nei at chedigny festival, 2013
8. Har kala Live in London, george tavern 2014
9. Keep it to yourself – Arko Mukhaerjee and Alexandre Voisin Live in France, Un ete a Bourges, blues festival
10. Krishnokoli Live at Bourges festival, 2012
11. Sally gardens and jodi kichu amare sudhao Anna Tanvir and Arko Mukherjee, Bourges festival, 2012
12. Anna and Arko – Fox song(english folk tune) and Aha oi aanka banka(shyamal mitra) live at Stroud, Gloucestershire, UK
1. Hoochie Coochie Man – Live at the night Market, Loches, Loire valley, France, 2012 with Gypsy band Caragoss
Dhaka International Sufi Fest Videos
1. Ke bole manush more (কে বলে মানুষ মরে) -Arko Mukhaerjee | Sufi Fest Dhaka Part-2
Request For a Gig
Arko's official name is Arka Mukherjee.
However as an artist he chooses to use the name Arko Mukhaerjee.